Friday, June 22, 2007

My adventure begins to take shape.....

I got a little anal retentive and started to plan my house hunting out. I printed a little map of Missouri counties and colored the qualifying counties under my loan in. After seeing where the counties were on a map, I came up with this.......



I colored all the counties that I am most interested in ORANGE. And the BLUE counties are the ones that qualified but are not as interesting to me. Pretty much by interesting I mean close to St. Louis.

I plan on going out house hunting on Saturday. I have a contacted some realtors that have properties I like and have set up appointments with them to view those as well as whatever else they think I may like. I am planning on focusing on the orange counties to the North to start with. That leaves me with exploring Pike, Montgomery, Callaway, Audrain, Ralls, Monroe, and Randolph counties. But there is a few houses in Macon and Linn counties (not so close and therefore BLUE)that I plan to see as well.

After mapquesting everything and setting up appointments, and figuring out that all my favorites are already sold, I figure that I will be driving about 800 miles round trip, all day, and viewing homes in Marceline, Brookfeild, Ethyl, Laddonia, Rush Hill, Fulton, and Portland. I wanted to view some in Mexico, Missouri but there were just too many to get fit into one day. So Mexico will have to wait until I am viewing the Southern counties (probably next weekend).

I am gonna bring the kids. I promised them McDonalds and a side fishing trip as a bribe. Also coming with me is the MLS printout on each property I am viewing as well as my camera so I can keep all of them straight.

It looks like I will be heading out at 6am and going to Marceline first since I am due there at 9am to view houses there and in Brookfeild and Ethyl. Then I am off to Laddonia to see a house there by 1:30pm. The agent there is taking me a few miles away to view a house in Rush Hill also. I am due in Fulton by 3:30 to see a few houses in town, then I am off to Portland by 4:30 or 5pm to see a house there. Then fishing, then home.

Sounds like it will be a hectic busy day. Wish me luck!

No comments: